Check out the champion blog at HTTP://GeekMustHave.COM
This a new channel and the Geek needs your help, please click on the subscribe button,
watch the videos and click on the like button, leave comments and questions.
The Geek is busy learning and building stuff, so don’t be upset if the response isn’t immediate.
Thank you and now ….“Let’s build something…”
I have been asked this question, many times, “Aren’t web designers and web developers the same thing?” Currently ing a web designer and formally a web developer, I can safely say, No! This article from DZones Amaya Farkiya does a better job than I at explaining the difference.
Mobile Development as a Service MDAAS. The form of cloud services allows you to develop mobile applications to work on IOS, Android and Windows mobile devices. This helps to reduce all the infrastructure headaches including hardware, supporting software, REST & API interface maintenance and possibly even an IDE for visual development. This across all your developers operating systems Windows, Mac and Linux. A web-based development environment would even support development using the lowly ChromeBook.
I know part of the magic for some developers is getting all the little parts and wiggly widgets working in their own domain and under their control. However if you don’t have time for all this then a MDAAS is a consideration.
One of the providers of MDAAS services is Appery.IO they have a YouTube channel Appery.io YouTube channel which explains the services their platform delivers. If I needed a MDAAS I would go here. Disclaimer: I have no relationship or agreement with these folks.
- Web-based full development life-cycle environment
- REST, API and Web Hooks
- Andriod, IOS and Windows device support
- NoSQL / JSON native database support
- Other database API access supported
- Native device support (Cordova) Camera, GPS, Camera as a Bar code scanner, etc
- Application builder
- Visual Development environment, no client requirement
- Application templates to help you get a prototype up quickly
- Visual Data Binding
- Public cloud, private cloud and host-it-yourself options
- jQuery mobile, Ionic and Angular (Don’t know which version yet)
- Enterprise level development environment
- Discount for educational groups, two thumbs up for this
- No free plan, just a free short-term trial (Minimum cost $30/month, paid annually or $45/month no annual requirement)
- Makes the DIAY Do It ALL Yourself developers sad, they don’t get to create and manage the whole stack and operating system, it’s done for them.
- Yet to be determined items, I’m in the process of checking it out and will update this post